Organize and lead group of male residents in discussions, games, movie or book reviews or other topics of choice.
- Visit with male residents
- Engage group in activities such as conversation, book discussion, card or board games, current events and/or other activities initiated by the group
- Log service hours in the volunteer binder.
A minimum volunteer commitment of three months is requested. Volunteer shifts are available seven days a week at any time. The group meeting time is flexible but should be consistent. When a volunteer is unable to come to the manor for a scheduled shift, he/she is expected to notify the Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator will supervise one-on-one visitors.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide empathetic listening, warmth and compassion
- Ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of residents, families, caregivers and staff
- Respect diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with staff and fellow volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteer applicants need to complete a disclosure form for a national criminal background check as well as submit immunization documentation for Chickenpox (Varicella), Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Tdap, (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) TB, a yearly physical and the flu shot. Some of these requirements can be provided through Saint Elizabeth’s Manor.