Assist activities staff in organizing and leading daily activities.
- Help set up activities
- Gather residents from their rooms and bring them to the activity
- Enthusiastically engage residents during activity
- Assist with clean up
- Log service hours in the volunteer binder.
A minimum volunteer commitment of three months is requested. Volunteer shifts are available seven days a week. When a volunteer is unable to come to the manor for a scheduled shift, he/she is expected to notify the Volunteer Coordinator or the Director of Activities.
The Volunteer Coordinator and Director of Activities will supervise volunteer work.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to bend, reach and lift items
- Ability to be flexible and sensitive to the needs of residents, families, caregivers and staff
- Respect diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with fellow staff and volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteer applicants need to complete a disclosure form for a national criminal background check as well as submit immunization documentation for Chickenpox (Varicella), Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Tdap, (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) TB, a yearly physical and the flu shot. Some of these requirements can be provided through St. Elizabeth’s Manor.