Help maintain Saint Elizabeth Manor gardens and landscaping.
- Water plants as needed
- Weed and deadhead plants/flowers
- Connect with facilities/maintenance as needed
- Log service hours in the volunteer binder.
A minimum volunteer commitment of four months is requested. Volunteer shifts are available between June and September seven days a week at any time. When a volunteer is unable to come to the manor for a scheduled shift, he/she is expected to notify the Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator will supervise volunteer work.
- Physically fit and able to bend, reach and lift as needed
- Comfortable working outside in various weather conditions
- Experience with gardening preferred; knowledge of botany and horticulture a plus
- Respect diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with fellow staff and volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteer applicants need to complete a disclosure form for a national criminal background check as well as submit immunization documentation for Chickenpox (Varicella), Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Tdap, (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) TB, a yearly physical and the flu shot. Some of these requirements can be provided through Saint Elizabeth’s Manor.