Be part of a team that meets the immediate emergency needs of disaster clients such as food, clothing, shelter, emergency health services, and other services that may be needed after a disaster. Support first responders at the incident scene when necessary. Choose to support local disaster response on an ongoing basis or when a large-scale disaster occurs. Optionally, support national disaster response when needed. Opportunities to apply specialized skills, such as management, logistical, technical, etc. are available and readily needed. Fast Fact: The most common response is to a home fire.
- Support timely local disaster response within your community and neighbouring towns.
- Interview affected clients to determine and meet their emergency needs.
- Provide appropriate client assistance based on the provided guidance.
- Assist with assessing the extent of damage caused by a disaster.
- Complete necessary documents and/or forms related to the incident or assistance being provided.
- Assist in staffing reception centers and/or shelters if large numbers of disaster clients are displaced from their homes.
- Assist, when appropriate, with on-scene food & beverage service to disaster clients and first responders in the disaster area.
- Apply your skills and backgrounds to assist in one of many specialized areas within disaster response. Opportunities will be discussed in detail during onboarding and range from applying business skills to managing a warehouse.
- Optionally, support national disaster response when needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to follow Territory, Regional and National Red Cross disaster guidance.
- Required training for local or national activity.
- Must have access to personal transportation and a personal cell phone.
- Training as required by activity
If you are interested and want to apply, click here: