The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for. Provides an excellent experience for all new volunteers joining the American Red Cross.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings over the phone with prospective volunteers.
- Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
- Asks identifying questions, duirng the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information and the intake, referral and placement process.
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest and availability and available options.
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service (training provided)
- Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
- Excellent oral communication skills- ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Previous experience with customer experience is a plus!
- HR experience or experience conducting interviews is a plus!
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Online training provided by a virtual team in Volunteer Intake and Screening processes and procedures
- Volunteer Connection Orientation